Leibniz himself chose the inscription OSSA LEIBNITII – Leibniz’s bones. That is all that appears on the modest tombstone in front of the chancel, on the south side of the interior of the church. And these two words were only added in 1790. The tomb was long forgotten until it was rediscovered when the church was renovated in 1902-1904. The portrait of Leibniz next to the tomb was created by the Hannoverian artist Prof. Rolf-Hermann Geller in 2007. The epitaph of the senior court preacher David Ruprecht Erythropel can be seen on the northern wall of the gallery. He held the sermon at Leibniz’s funeral in 1716. There were also all court officials invited to this celebration, but of which no one appeared.
- Neustädter Kirchhof
- 30169 Hannover