The „Welfenschloss“ in the „Welfengarten“ was built between 1857 and 1866 according to plans by the architect Christian Heinrich Tramm. The castle was intended to replace the Leineschloss as a Guelph residence. During the construction period, the rule of the Guelphs ended and the castle was unused for years. It was not until 1879 that today's Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University moved into the palace. The bright atrium in the entrance area is impressive.
Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen
The Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen are Hannover’s most famous attraction and have been a striking example of grand horticultural style for more than 300 ye...