The Gardening School, located at that time between the two villages Ahlem and Limmer, opened its gates for Jewish children and young people in May 1893. The main entrance was on today’s Heisterbergallee. The building survived the Nazi period and World War II.
The main and the intermediate building were pulled down at the end of the fifties. The gatekeeper’s lodge had to give way to the extension of the tram line in 1987. The columns of the historical entrance gate were moved to the principal’s house, now the site of the Ahlem memorial.