For a long time, the girls‘ house was a "boys‘ house"
In order to guarantee a "morally appropriate" separation between the sexes, the girls’ house was built in a considerable distance from the boys’ boarding school premises and surrounded by a wall. As of 1902, elementary school girls and female apprentices in domestic economics lived in this building. In front of its northern side there was a laundry with a cattle shed in the basement that was surrounded by a chicken farm. During the turmoil of the early twenties, the girls’ section was closed due to the lack of applications. Prior to its reopening in 1936, the girls’ house was transformed into a boys’ house for male and apprentices.