Foreign Nationals’ Affairs

Residence for study purposes

Select Language

Information for students.

If you are staying within the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany as a student, and wish to use a blocked account as proof of funding, you can download the form for creating a blocked account under Formulare/Forms (link available to page with forms).

In order for your residence permit to be renewed, the blocked account needs to have a balance of not less than €5,604. If your records show that the amount on your blocked account is at least €11,208, then you can be considered for a two-year renewal.


Video: Studying and living in Hanover

A production of the Hannover Science Initiative in cooperation with the Studentenwerk Hannover, student service union.

English version:

Videos: Financing your studies and information on working during your studies

International Students and Part-time Jobs

English versions of the videos on the topics of financing your studies and working:

Other videos – some of them in English – for international students can be found on the following website: